How to prepare your Christmas Ham
Fenglehorn Apple & Plum Glazed Ham
- Preheat oven, smoker, kettle or hooded BBQ to 170C.
- Use a sharp knife to cut around the shank of the ham, about 10cm from the end.
- Run a knife under the rind around edge of ham.
- Gently lift the rind off in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat.
- Score the fat in a diamond pattern, about 5mm deep.
- Stud the centres of the diamonds with cloves.
- Place a large baking dish or tray below the rack on which you will place the ham.
- Transfer Ham to oven, smoker, kettle or hooded BBQ.
- Brush one-third of the glaze over the ham.
- Bake, brushing with glaze every 25 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Retain around one-third of the glaze and place in a small saucepan
- Bring glaze to a gentle boil, stirring constantly
- Reduce glaze until slightly darkened
- Transfer reduced glaze to gravy boat for drizzling over sliced ham, when served